REFERRING A PATIENT
Thank you for entrusting your patients to our care. We are committed to providing patient care in a timely and friendly fashion. Providing detailed information in the referral allows us to better determine the type of appointment and triage based upon clinical urgency and specialised equipment availability where required.
Referrals can be conveniently made in the following ways:
- Fax – (02) 8008 1642
- Via patient – We ask that the patient send the referral through to help us with the booking process
If you need us to see a patient urgently please contact the rooms via telephone or email or mark your referral as urgent and send it through via fax or electronically.
Emergency and Priority appointments
We make every effort to see all patients in an appropriate time frame.
For patients with conditions requiring urgent attention, please phone through and we will create an emergency slot.
If your patient requires a priority appointment please contact us via phone or email or mark your referral as urgent and email/fax it to our reception staff
Some examples of acute problems include:
- Sudden onset hearing lost through to be sensorineural in nature
- Suspected head, neck or vocal fold cancer
- Facial nerve palsy or paralysis
- Professional voice users with a sudden onset or change in voice
- Acute breathing problems of suspected laryngeal aetiology
We ensure that every patient contact is followed up with a letter to the referring doctor. Written correspondence is usually provided within one week of consultation although there can be delays during busy periods or when a more complex report is required